Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thurs: Child Bite & Zoos of Berlin @ GS

There is so much dope shit going on tomorrow night, I'm getting a jump on it now. While I REALLY want to catch soon-to-be-huge Bear in Heaven at the Middle East Down (with Freelance Whales) *and* the Honors in the now-quarantined dance party zone of Throwed in the Mid Easy's Upstairs room, I predict I'll stay low-cal and see what Ryan Spaulding of Ryan's Smashing Life has up his sleeve at Great Scott. But it's not from being lazy!

No, I really dig the gritty post-punk of Detroit's Child Bite, as well as fellow Motor City dudes Zoos of Berlin, who kind of sound like what electronic-minded David Bowie would sounded like in the late '90s if he didn't completely sonically shit the bed. Plus, locals Thick Shakes (congrats Tim & Lindsay) and Southern Belle are some Gs.





No comments:

Post a Comment