Monday, April 5, 2010

The Bronx are playing. I am not going (again)

Tonight will mark maybe the 11th or 12th time I miss seeing the Bronx live after planning on going for weeks prior. WTF is wrong with me? The Bronx 2003 debut album is one of my all-time faves, showing I haven't completely abandoned my high school-era love of hardcore despite a pretty feverish distaste for anyone who still listens to it. While the band's later releases didn't grip me like the first, the Bronx remain in constant Vanya rotation... And here they are, playing the Paradise tonight and instead I'm going to the opening of Jerry Remy's Sports Bar & Grill then the first day of Petco Unleashed before retiring in front of the TV for West Coast baseball.

The Bronx should just kick my ass already. There is no revolution ...if it falls on my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment