Monday, April 12, 2010

Supergrass call it a day (vaykay interruption)

I'm still on holiday in Tampa Rock City -- wearing Rays pajama pants out in the lanai, watching golfers avoid the lake and feeling a lovely breeze tickling my ass -- but Kayley alerts me to the fact that Supergrass have called it a career. I lost sight through indifference after the self-titled released in 1999, but from that effort prior Supergrass were a pretty fine, fine band.

I'll never forget being in London for the first time around then, at some weird indie party called "Where It's At," and watching the dance floor sway casually through the opening of "Moving." When the chorus hit, the floor erupted. One kid did something resembling a jumping jack. It's my favorite memory of the trip. You should Coco, I should Coco, we are young, we are free --

A Pour of the pint to Supergrass, one of the last stragglers of Britpop's glory days... Alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment