Thursday, August 6, 2009

TONIGHT: Steve Aoki invades Boston

Oh fucking hell tonight is the night: Los Angeles electro king Steve Aoki hits Boston tonight, throwing down the sickness at Underbar for the Sweat dance party with the KingSize cats. I'm lifting my personal moratorium on attending downtown night clubs because King Aoki knows just one speed: RAGE.

There's a romantic element as well, as Aoki's 2008 mix CD "Pillowface And His Airplane Chronicles" was one of the first things my lady Brig and I bonded over when we first met, so if we get anything from that, it'll be like the last scene in the first season of Queer as Folk at the prom between Brian and Justin only we're straight and there's no prom and chances are I won't get hit in the face with a baseball bat by some douchenozzle afterwards. Then again, it is on Tremont Street so who the fuck knows.

Regardless, I've needed a night of straight up bangers for a while now, and since I'm not moving to LA anytime soon-soon-soonish, this is as good as it gets for me. I might not make it to the office tomorrow. Local support explodes from Hot Pink Delorean and Vadum Rankin, who I hear might have his latest jam, "Dial Up," used in a cell phone commercial. Hey world, can you hear Boston now?

No comments:

Post a Comment