Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Aces: We Were Promised Jetpacks "Quiet Little Voices"

You know the end times are here when I get tipped off to cool new tunes by the ultra-amazing MLB Network* (Great station all around, just not where I expect to hear new music). But I've been hearing snippets of this track the past few weeks, and decided to investigate so I have more of a visual in my dome than Dan Plesac's creamy grillpiece.

Turns out its from We Were Promised Jetpacks, a Scottish band that hits Great Scott on Oct. 7. Singer looks a bit like Shepard Fairey, and the intro is very "This Modern Love" by Bloc Party, but overall it's one hell of a post-punk dancefloor beast. Impossible not to get the hook stuck in your head...


(*** I really need to write a manifesto on how much a fucking love the MLB Network, and not just because it paired up with the NHL Network means I never have to watch ESPN ever again. But really, even the Diamond Demos are incredible. Such a great network, and it seems like it speaks to the casual fan and hardcore baseball junky at the same timwe, which is impressive. Anyway, more to come on that...)

No comments:

Post a Comment