Friday, February 6, 2009

I've found the hangover cure, euree-KUH!

So many years of rolling into the newsroom crunked out my dome piece, and all this time, I was simply just hanging in the wrong spots. Turns out all you need to avoid weekday hangovers are watered-down screwdrivers that cost $12! That'll learns-ya. While DJ Paparazzi kicked ass and the So Dope relaunch lived up to it's moniker in immediate sights, faces and sounds... damn, I just can't roll with the downtown nightlife scene. What a deplorable area riddled with musclehead bouncers, date-rape kits du jour and overpriced drix.

Yeah, Vanya newsflash 1998!, I know, but still. Tough area, that Theatre District. Give me the dirty cultured villages of Allston or Central Square any day of the week. And bring back those famed newsroom hangovers. They weren't shit to begin with.

2 comments:

  1. trust me, it was no picnic coming back to my dorm from allston at 2AM and having to fight my way through crowds of those lovely bar patrons. it was both annoying and scary. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Solo cup is the tumbleweed of Allston.

    ReplyDelete