Thursday, February 26, 2009

Brodeur shutout

Not to make this a NJ Devils blog (despite the tagline on the header) but I've been waiting for tonight since Nov. 1: Martin Brodeur stops all 24 shots faced en route to a 4-0 Devils victory.

I had a feeling those 4-2 and 5-3 Ws the past few months would become 4-1 and 4-0 games. Clemmer and Weekes did a solid job holding it down while Brodeur was away, but having Marty in net (I'll deal with the mask, I suppose) elevates us even higher and readies us for the playoffs. The big offensive guns showed up (Parise, Zajac, Langs, Eli) and Brodeur showed little rust, controlling his rebounds and aiding the transition game. It's impossible to not get overly excited for the playoffs come spring. I... am... psyched! 95, 00, 03... ?

No comments:

Post a Comment