Friday, January 15, 2010

NME: Suede to reunite for Teen Cancer Trust gig

Well, this is some fun Friday news: The NME is reporting Suede, era 1996+, will reunite for a one-off gig March 24 (Note: I had an incorrect date previously) at the London Royal Albert Hall for the Teenage Cancer Trust concert.

It's Richard Oakes on guitar, not Bernard Butler, who is busy winning Grammys and producing Lissy Trullie, but I'm okay with that. While my dream of seeing the band in 1993 form will never materialize -- Brett neither has the hair, stature or grandmother's wardrobe any more -- this is still good enough and I'm already on Orbitz trying to get to London next month.

I've seen Suede three times -- twice on the 1997 Coming Up tour and in 2000 at the Iceland Airwaves festival, where they premiered Head Music. Both were religious experiences. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment