Wednesday, January 13, 2010

In My Head: Only Ones' "Another Girl Another Planet"

It's easy to detect how drunk I am when spinning the pill after 1am or so. If I skip past the newfangled electro bangers or radio-ready synthpop and start whipping out old punk/postpunk shit like Joy Division "Interzone" or Buzzcocks "Ever Fallen In Love," chances are I'm about to fall the fuck down and not remember anything from that point forward. If I toss on the Only Ones lost classic "Another Girl Another Planet," well I might not come-to until Monday. What a motherfucking gem of tune, and I can taste the sauce just by listening to it.



Oh, and hey there Internet doll-face... lookie here, it's Pete Doherty covering Another Girl Another Planet. How devastatingly appropriate. Never heard this before... He almost makes it sound shit. WTF.

No comments:

Post a Comment