Monday, January 18, 2010

Buy these: Dahlias for Haiti Project

Here's another way to support the earthquake relief efforts in Haiti without blindly texting your money away to some weird, unknown location -- Laura Bee Designs' "Dahlias For Haiti Project." I already bought the charcoal gray flower from the Seattle boutique (the owner is the sister of a friend of mine here in Boston) and can't wait to rock it on my peacoat.

Yes, I'm shallow -- I'll pledge to a cause if it aligns with my fashion sense, but hey, I kinda love these and everyone has their own way of showing support for a unified cause. I'm not one to make bold statements like these, but like Canada's striking red poppy lapel, the dahlias reflect a specific gesture for a worthy cause. And the gray will blend in with my usual black attire, so I'm not going to be that loud about it.

Hopefully these catch on -- it's $12 well spent.

From Laura Bee: Help us raise money to help those most in need in Haiti. Our goal is to sell 200 flowers by February 14th, 2010.

We will donate $10 from the sale of each felt dahlia pin to Mercy Corps, a Northwest based relief organization, for their Haiti efforts.

We'll use the $2 left to cover our shipping and credit card fees costs. We are donating our labor, materials, and design to the effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment