Thursday, November 8, 2007

Uni Watch conference in Boston


Some people are gaming nerds, some people are D&D nerds, some people are just nerds. Myself, I'm a hockey jersey nerd, and while adulthood and its myriad financial burdens has curbed my jersey-buying habit, I still have about 50 sweaters in my collection, with maybe a half-dozen baseball jerseys and random soccer kits.

So imagine my thrill when I read this on Uni Watch yesterday: Uni Watch Road Trip: I’m gonna be in Boston on December 6th and will probably be convening a Uni Watch party around 8:45 that evening. Details to follow shortly.

My god! What do I wear?!?!?! Do I go with the 1990 white Quebec Nordiques Sakic 19 jersey (pictured)? Or the NNOB 1988 Houston Astros "rainbow shoulder" top? Or the white 1992 Vancouver Canucks Linden 19 sweater (my fav)?!?! I could go Isles Fishticks, Christmas tree Devils jersey with Terreri 31 or even San Diego Gulls IHL from the early '90s. Or even the bootleg (but very pretty) Sergei Fedorov Russian National Team jersey I got for one pretty ruble in an outdoor St-Peterburg market in 2004?

What's a boy to wear to a gala like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment