Sunday, November 4, 2007

Patriots roll on. Country reacts in horror.


- I never really followed football, but I’ve already grabbed a cozy seat on the Patriots bandwagon this year. I’ve always liked Randy Moss, and watching this destruction of the NFL has been really enjoyable. And while I’m new to all this football stuff despite years of only following Hofstra players (from Chrebet to Schulters to Prime Time Colston) and some imaginary guy named Lee Sluggs, I justify my newfound fandom like this: Longtime fans of the Pats root for the Patriots, as an organization, and always have. But I’m rooting for New England, as the region collectively says fuck you to the entire NFL and the rest of the country. It’s insane how many people outside this region hate this team -- and us. All this shit about "cheating" (when every team does it) to running up the score (this ain’t Pop Warner, it’s a league with a salary cap) to our surly coach (he may be bitter, but his child never opted for being dead over the son of an NFL head coach like Angel Dungy in cornland over there) and all that jazz about playing dirty and without integrity (which is more than just a bad Cleveland hardcore band, apparently)... Well, another Super Bowl looks inevitable. Fuck You, I'll be eating Matt Jeff's chili and dropping unmarked pills with Max at a Super Bowl party in mid-winter, like every year. Signed, the superior citizens of New England.

- I love watching Peyton Manning lose. It's like he's a natural born New York Ranger or some shit.

- Every time I see another commercial for "Prison Break," I expect to see a guest appearance by Andy Reid’s kids.

- Want another New England championship? The Revolution play the hated Chicago Fire in the Eastern Conference championship at the Razor on Thursday. I haven't been to a game since the MLS Cup a few years ago. That Carlos Ruiz goal still hurts.

- So apparently that new movie "Hitman" is based off some video game, and the main dude has a silly-ass barcode on the back of his head. I wonder if he got it with my ex-girlfriend, who inexplicably* has one on her neck. For this reason alone I will boycott this movie**

- It was on eBay for a week, but no one bid on the chicken strip seahorse. The entire affair was as exhausting as it was educational, but I’m glad it’s over. For now.

- I might end my boycott to see that bad-ass flick where that warrior guy rides a freaking polar bear into battle. Oh my god.

- No links today, because I am lazy and it's Sunday.

* Let the record show I have a New Jersey Devils tattoo, so what the fuck do I know about permanently putting ridiculous shit on our bodies.

** I never go to the movies anyway.

1 comment:

  1. You've got to take up knitting. Best pairing with a football game short of bourbon.

    ReplyDelete