Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Song of the Day: Bat for Lashes' "What's A Girl To Do"


I remember sometime early last year, some (at the time) unknown-ass band called Silversun Pickups played Great Scott without much fanfare. About three weeks later, I fell in love with "Carnavas" and it'll ultimately have a spot in my Ten Best Albums of the 2000s. Thankfully, I caught them at the Middle East Up in mid-October, before they returned to play the ginornous, and seated, Agganis Arena.

So it comes as no surprise when I see Bat for Lashes played Great Scott last week, only a few days after finally hearing their single "What's a Girl To Do."

I heard it while in a dream-like state of awakeness watching Subterranean (watching obscure music videos on late-night TV -- how 1991, Mr. Lewis Largent!). Now I'm kinda obsessed, but obsessed in the way I was with that Mono "Life In Mono" song from the Great Expectations soundtrack from the cultural vortex known commonly as the late '90s.

So... it should pass, relatively soon. But for now, I'm all over it. Listen to it here.

2 comments:

  1. Good video, too. Damn. I meant to go to that show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. danazol 50 mg is used in both men and women to prevent attacks of angioedema of all types. is used to treat various menstrual problems painful or irregular periods, premenstrual tension benign fibrocystic breast disease.

    ReplyDelete