Sunday, October 28, 2007

Congrats to the Red Sox

I admittedly grew up a Yankee fan, and nothing could touch my love for the New Jersey Devils. Beyond that, I'm a fan of sports in general, and nothing is like watching Boston react to a World Series title. Maybe because every time I celebrated the Devils' Stanley Cups, I was cheering by myself, and I'm drawn to an etire city coming together this way, in both celebration and destruction.

This was a bit different than the all-or-nothing 2004 -- ok, much different -- but it's still fun to watch. Allston is on shut down, and unruly fans are blocked out of Kenmore and rioting on Boylston. I hear sirens, screams and horns outside my window near Union Square. I bet only Toronto winning the Stanley Cup would elicit this type of shit in any other city.

Congrats to Mike Lowell, a Yankee farmhand, and classy dude all around on the MVP. And then there's this guy, who should have been a World Series MVP and and still be considered a rookie for 2008:

No comments:

Post a Comment