Thursday, October 25, 2007

Raspy Voices (Carry) on NPR


Ahhh, NPR. Only in the magical playland that is National Public Radio can you, devout listener, tune in and hear within 10 minutes of each other: David Lazarous of the Los Angeles Times discussing insurance issues relating the San Diego wildfires, a guy talking about how he translated Charles Dickens’ A Tale of Two Cities into Morse code, and then Michael Marotta revealing his love for Til Tuesday’s "Voices Carry" to a national audience.

They played (re-played?) my Here & Now segment on 90.9 WBUR today, and aside from the horror of realizing my voice is really raspy and creepy sounding over the radio airwaves, I’m relieved I whispered nary a controversial note. The fact that my parents tuned in from sunny Tampa kinda blows my mind, too, even though I sound like a dispatched offspring from one of the Simpson's aunts.


Overall it was a cool experience at BUR, and I had no idea their offices were on Comm. Ave. in the middle of BU. They didn't play the Information's "A Simple Plan" like they promised, but the peoples were friendly, and hopefully it gave some props to the Rock the Hub competition, which sets out to find the best Boston song of the past 25 years. Yes, I still think "Voices Carry" should win, but with Red Sox fever sweeping the region, I fear "Tessie" will come out on top. Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Who does H&N have doing the regular rock/pop critique segments nowadays? A raspy voice never kept anyone from succeeding on the radio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potong Pasir MRT at the doorstep, residents can easily
    access almost to any destination through.the interlace condo - http://theinterlacecondo.sg -

    ReplyDelete