Friday, October 12, 2007

Cleveland vs. Boston, the weekend ahead


Oh boy. To quote a good friend of mine, "I'm TGIFin like a motherfucker." My Friday began with seeing my Boston vs Cleveland Tale of the Tape in glorious print, which not only earned approval of my only Cleveland-native friend, but was also discussed for a few minutes on Fox 25 Morning News. Sometimes I forget how many people read the paper I write for. This ain't Woburn.

If the rain holds off, a trip to the King Richard's Faire with Lady Riley is in order for Sunday. Couple that with a jaunt down to Providence tomorrow, and I should have some interesting stories to report on Monday. And next week, The Trucks are at the Middle East, Doug Stanhope does Punk Rock Stand Up at O'Brien's, and I get to catch a screening of Control (the Ian Curtis flick) on Thursday. Good week.

See you at the pill tonight. And if anyone's interested, I posted my DJ set list from last night's Bon Savants show. Good times.

2 comments:

  1. I went to that Fair once. I was 14 and my parents lied and said I was 12 so they could get a discount. It worked, even though I was 5'8" already. Maybe it was the "no tits" discount.
    If they still have that poor fucking elephant they let people pay to climb up on, when you're there, will you set it free for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm sure the elephant is now a vendor. D and I went to this a few times back in the day, so I'm pretty psyched about it.

    ReplyDelete