Monday, October 8, 2007

Pointless shit on a pointless holiday


- Everytime I watch a hockey game televised in Canada, I see a billion commercials for Boston Pizza, some Unos-like cheap-eats restaurant. Do Canadians realize Boston is fucking attrocious? They shoulda named the chain Wakefield Pizza in honor of Nono’s on Main Street. Best slice in New England.

- I’m really late to the Okkervil River party.

- I slept through the Rock of Love reunion last night, even though I was awake. It was midly amusing to see Riki Rachtman is still alive, which was cool. But I’ve already forgotten about Rock of Love and will now devote all of my thoughts to the wonderful Miss Tiffany Pollard. I Love New York Season 2 starts tonight!


- We’re really never gonna see Patrik Elias the 96-Point Scorer ever again, huh?

- Zach Parise the 96-point Scorer is about three seasons away, huh?

- Was that first ‘R’ in Gus Frerotte’s name always there? I didn’t really follow football until two years ago, but I remember bro-man smashing his head against a concrete wall (some sort of celebration, innit?). Are we just fucking with him now?

- Watching Lola wrestle with “Simon” the stuffed ferret is really one of the best sights I’ve ever seen.

- Just saw another Boston Pizza commercial. They have a BBQ ribs plate, dubbed Ribalicious. I give up.

- We've never had a band from Seattle play the pill before, but I'm pretty psyched about the Blakes show next month.

- So Jimmy Fallon crashed the stage at a Bang Camaro concert at Bowery Ballroom in New York City. Craziness. This is the first time any celebrity was involved with a show by a Boston band since Lewis Black attended, on his own dime, the pill’s 2004 Halloween show at the Middle East.

- I think my ex wrote this article.

- Interesting thought on Devils numbers: Scott Stevens and Ken Daneyko finished their careers as Devils, and their numbers 4 and 3, respectively, have never been worn since. Scott Niedermayer, John MacLean and Scott Gomez signed with other teams after many successful years in Jersey, and all three had their numbers re-issued a few years following their departure: Niedermayer’s 27 is worn now by Mike Mottau (ouch!), MacLean’s 15 was eventually given to Jamie Langenbrunner (an honor both ways) and Gomez’23 is now filled out by David Clarkson. Don’t leave New Jersey if you want props in the new Prudential Center.

- Eric Karabell of ESPN is not only my favoritest fantasy baseball writer, but he’s got football locked in as well. Always a must-read.


- Finally, I can’t believe the Macy’s Gift Card epidemic will be the final nuance to end MySpace. Getting hacked is the new fashionable STD.

No comments:

Post a Comment