Friday, October 5, 2007

Random stuff: Devils, Reef, the pill


So not a victory last night in Boltland, but a decent game all things considered. No Colin White, no Jamie Langenbrunner, no cause for panic, as Tampa always gives us trouble. Marty looked invincible at times, and my David Clarkson jersey – complete with Gomez’ old 23 – is already in the mail. Zach Parise could he headed toward a monster year. The newer guys have much room to improve, but this nine game road trip should bring the boys together. It's amazing how far Vincent Lecavalier has come since his rookie season.

I replaced my anticipated Sarah Silverman watching with a trip to Reef Café, exposing another person to the glory that is Allston's famed Lebanese cuisine hut. This is, without a doubt, the best food Allston has to offer. The date agreed, and I've pretty much addicted to the chicken shawarma sandwich, rich pilaf and garlic paste.


But it's all in anticipation for tonight, the highly-anticipated 10th anniversary of the pill. I moved to Boston in 2000, in part because the pill was every Friday and I wasn't feeling the $10 drinks at Tiswas in NYC. Seven years later, I truly feel a part of Boston and it’s crazy how the night has grown into an institution. I’ve been looking forward to tonight for ages. Expect some extra Suede.

No comments:

Post a Comment