Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Silversun Pickups crash the Billboard charts

I've yet to totally get into it after I bought it the day it came out, but Silversun Pickups' new album "Swoon" has crashed the Billboard album chart, hitting Number 7 with 43,313 units sold in its first week. Hot damn!

"Panic Switch," which is not entirely a cover of Smashing Punkins' "I Am One" (hey, it's cool with me, both songs rule) sits at Number 6 on the Modern Rock radio chart. Well done, boys and girl.

I was utterly obsessed with Carnavas when it came out a few years ago, providing an escapist soundtrack to accompany the worst professional job I've ever had, worst relationship I suckered myself into and an endlessly terrible living situation. While I've yet to find a "Common Reactor" on the new album, I haven't written it off yet and need to dive back into it. I filmly believe this band is brilliant, and their show at the Middle East Up the day before I started at the Herald remains a personal concert highlight.

Sadly, the closest they're coming to Boston in the immediate future is Aug. 2, when they do the All Points West fest down in Dirty Jerz.

No comments:

Post a Comment