Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Red Foxx to open for the Prodigy

So the Prodigy is coming to Boston May 20 at the House of Blues, and instead of some shitty opening band or chump touring DJ, the night gets warmed up with Red Foxx of Hearthrob. Whoa.

Seriously, how cool is that? Jeez, Boston feels like a real city sometimes...

As for the Prodigy, I'm curiously interested. "Jilted Generation" and "Experience" were a favs of mine in my teenage Long Island club life, and we all know about the Firestarter phenomenom that lifted them from the rave tent to the rockstars stage. The new disc "Invaders Must Die" has its merits (not much gripped me past the title track in this post-Does It Offend You Yeah? landscape), but I sense I'll dig it more in a live setting. Psycho-somatic addict insane, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment