Sunday, September 23, 2007

"You all suck, you're running for nothing"

This was shouted by an oversized black woman pushing a stroller along Brighton Ave., as scores of runners flew by as part of some ginormous road race. After frustratingly sitting in traffic while blocked out of my neighborhood for said Road Race, and the Allston Village Street Fair, this made my weekend. She's right: Why do we run?

More to come later, as this weekend's been a doozy.



Edit: Ok, no Rock of Love finale tonight. Thanks, VH-1. You give us a clip show. A fucking clip show. It's cool, I really didn't want to watch any intellectually-engaging television tonight anyway, as I'm exhausted from making lemonaide all weekend. Not even remarkable successes by Marion Barber III can help. Not that it's likely.

May the transition from Summer of Hate to Fall from Grace 2007 commence. Grab a pencil and notebook, kids, life is getting interesting. But not for those who run for something.

3 comments:

  1. I run. And the entire I am running, I am thinking, "Why do I run?" Very insightful of you and that lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, we run not to be that fat angry bitch. Running releases endorphins (happiness!) and burns off the cals (skinniness!)from that bucket of KFC she was probably pushing in the stroller, thus preventing one to have to purchase two seats on an airplane.
    Girlfriend is a hater.

    ReplyDelete