Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Pela live at KEXP in Seattle


There are worse ways to start the day, so thanks to the indispensable Jenny A. from World’s Fair for hooking me (and now you) up with a bunch of clips from Pela’s June 11 in-studio performance at Seattle’s KEXP.

Every Pela song is phenomenal, as few bands capture passionate, grandiose rock music like these four Brooklyn lads, but “Lost to the Lonesome” and “Tenement Teeth” always stand out for me. There’s so much crap music out there today, it’s almost shocking when I find a band I truly love. Jenny gave me Pela’s demo almost two years ago, and it still hasn’t left my music rotation. I’ve already booked them twice at the pill, but I’m sensing they’re getting a bit too big for the Great Scott stage. Even better, all four are among the best people you could ever meet. Enjoy, and go buy Anytown Graffiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment