Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Spin.com Artist of the Day: The Blakes


So a cool thing happened late last month. I was writing about this band from Seattle, the Blakes, for Spin.com and I told Carl, who does booking at Great Scott, to nail these fuckers down if they ever came to town. I seldom make these requests, but Carl's practically in bed with KEXP Radio out of Marinerland so I figured why not.

The next day, he forwards me a message about the Blakes looking for a Boston date. Some quick negotiations sorted them out, and now they're playing the pill on Nov. 23, the day after Thanksgiving.

So while the gig is still a few months away, check out the Blakes' dirty-ass rock n' roll through my Artist of the Day piece for Spin.com. A line about snorting Keith Richards' ashes was edited out, but it still gets the point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment