Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Best Week Ever :: Night time picks

I knew September would pick up the crazytown escapades. After seeing James on Sunday (as well as the Entertainer's exit from I<#$), I’m fairly beat city, but tonight I’ll be at the Dise to see Brooklyn avant-noise-pop trio A Place To Bury Strangers, certain to walk away with an ear ache. APTBS have come a long way since I saw them at GS a few years ago. There was a blizzard. There was Carl. There was like three others. Maybe even the December Sound.

I digress. Tomorrow, crazyasfuck Toronto electro house DJ DEADMAU5 is at Underbar, but I’m not sure if it’s worth the trip to the date-rapecentric downtown hotspot. But the dude sometimes wear a giant mouse head while spinning, so who I am to judge venues. This should be good; ladies, cover your drinx.

Then on Thursday it’s a two-places-for-one-faces thing with Hiss & Chambers and Sun Lee Sunbeam at the Middle East early on, then the Passion Pit EP release party at Great Scott. Friday is the pill, Santogold sexes up the Dise on Saturday, then Hot Pink Delorean fistfuck-remixes Great Scott on Sunday. Yowza!

No comments:

Post a Comment