Thursday, August 21, 2008

In the Papers, Aug. 21 edition

As I pick up my shattered ego from witnessing the Faint at the Roxy last night (Decent enough new album, didn't do anything for me live; but they played "Glass Dance" as the opener which was awesome, and allowed me to leave after seven songs and four $9 drinks later). From today's Boston Herald:

- The lovely and talented Miss Jordan Valentine has swapped Sinners for Saints as the former World's Greatest Sinners front woman has a new bag, Jordan Valentine & the Sunday Saints. Playing the Plough for free this Saturday.


- Other Cheap Weekend Thrills include fantasy football draft party at Game On, Allston squirt gun fight this Saturday and the August Moon fest in Quincy.

- Style Calendar: Ladies Luxury at the Marina Bay Beach Club; running of the brides and other random fashion notes for the week.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I just don't get the running of the brides thing, and I'm an avid 3rd-gen FBOG.
    What kind of tool wants to rock an off the rack hunk of pearl beading on the one day in their life past the prom where they have a legit excuse to wear something huge and amazingly obscene?
    My wedding dress will be something from fucking outer space. Vera Wang can suck it.

    ReplyDelete