Thursday, July 31, 2008

New Wonderful Spells song posted


The Wonderful Spells, who have been in discussions to perform at the 6th annual pill Halloween show later this year (shhh!), have posted a teaser track from their new EP, which should be out shortly.

The song is called "Bad News Blues," and it's more catchy-as-fuck psychpop from the local melody-maker trio. This looks like it will be a worthy follow-up to last years sterling debut, "The Prophecy of Smarulous Rex," which launched a shit ton of pill shows and garnered much respect around the city. I think they're doing a free show on Saturday at the Alchemist in JP, but don't quote me on that. I'm not even sure Jamaica Plain actually exists.

Also, I decided against trading Dan Haren (and his rights until after 2010), so I'm deleting the previous post. If I don't have Derreck Lee and Joe Mauer to show for it, I'm not going to let the man who signs my paychecks see how I spend post-deadline afternoons.)

No comments:

Post a Comment