Wednesday, July 30, 2008

ITP: Apartment mess

As the lady and I searched for apartments this summer, one thing became painfully evident: People live like shit. We couldn't believe the state of many apartments that were shown to us, from seas of garbage obscuring the floor to mouse droppings growing into gremlins to widowed mattresses gettin' on by without need fo' no boxspring.

Realtors backed up my assumption that when people decide to move out, they let their living spaces go to shit. No need to even make an appointment to see the squalor in person. Look on Craigslist and other online sites.

(Note to self: Move out of Allston.)

2 comments:

  1. I think I know who "Deb" is. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Max and I stopped cleaning our Barrows hole. Actually, what I meant to say is I stopped. But when you live in a place with crumbling tile and a hole in the ceiling dripping mold and asbestos, you kinda cant make it much worse.

    ReplyDelete