Friday, February 8, 2008

AUDIOGASM coming next month


If you've been to the pill in the past few months, you'd likely heard me deviate from the standard Britpop and Modern Indie playlist in favor of some dirty electro goodness. Well, aside from short 25-minute increments, that shit really doesn't align with the pill's tried and true formula, so I'm branching out to start an all-electro dance party, with rotating DJs alongside me at various venues around town.

Though I enjoy the Middlesex Lounge nights and a lot of what the Basstown peoples do, I still haven't found a night that's seamlessly crossed the new French/UK electro-house revival with this new wave of synth-driven indie. No hip hop, no samples, just straight-ahead big-beat anthems. So fuck it, I'll try it myself.

The deets:
Michael V. and Brigid the Fierce present:
AUDIOGASM
(|(electro dance party)|)
Tuesday, March 18 at O'Brien's
3 Harvard Avenue, Allston MA
live guest: ADEPT (Dutch noise pop)
guest DJ: Driftski (Cooler Than Smack)
9 pm / 21-plus / $6

Adept is a sick, punk-fueled electro-noize band from the Netherlands, and I'm unsure Boston is ready for this. DJ Driftski has deep roots in the local house and hip-hop scenes, so I'm psyched to have him in on the launch. O'Brien's is mad intimate, so the idea is to pack it out with sweaty, smelly bodies and build a cool word-of-mouth dirty dance scene. More details to come...

3 comments:

  1. Honest to God, I was just thinking about CSS and wondering how it counted as Britpop.

    Great song, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...and Beyond," Danielle, "...and Beyond."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mike, where can a body listen to audiogasm before the show?

    ReplyDelete