Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Just what the world needs -- another blog

Yes, I know.

But as I continue to post ramblings and observations in places like MySpace, I realize I need a better online forum to collect my ideas. So Vanyaland is really nothing more than my hedonistic island of thoughts, music recommendations, party bulletins, observations, whatever. I'll try to provide links to stuff, when possible. And if I can be a fraction as entertaining as my favorite blog ever Bits & Pieces, well life will be OK.

Before I edit the profile section, here's some details about me:



I'm 28, and I live in Boston.

- I'm a lifestyles and music feature writer for the Boston Herald.

- I'm a contributing writer for Spin Magazine Online. I've also been publisged in the Week, NME.com, the Boston Globe, Boston Weekly Dig and other random haddock wrappers.

- I host and (occasionally DJ) the pill, a Friday night dance party at Great Scott in Allston, Massachusetts. We're celebrating our 10th anniversary on Oct. 5, making us the third longest-running indie dance party in North America. It's goodtimes.

- My current iPod mix includes The Enemy, Ride and Justice.

More to come, and as always, thanks for reading

xoxo Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment