Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Dee Tension looking to open live music venue in Lowell

The one and only Dee Tension, a Massachusetts hip-hop renaissance man and former colleague of mine at WFNX, had some pretty cool news this morning regarding a new live music venue in his own city of Lowell. He tipped me off to this weeks ago, but threatened to beat me with a golf club had I spilled the beans (half true, kinda). Now that things are in motion, he's spreading the word on his own.

Lowell has been a growing hotbed of creative music for a while now, with bands like Bearstronaut and Western Education coming out of U-Mass, and and a growing list of others around town like Dumptruck, Hetfield & Hetfield, Shortfuse Burning, and Empty Phrases.

Now the city is about to get a legit rock club run by a legit dude, a dude who has been involved with the Uptown Lowell Music and Arts fest and is pretty much the mayor of the joint. Here's his full announcement:

OK I suppose the cat is out of the bag so I might as well say it myself.

I am in the process of opening a live music venue in Lowell. We have the bands and the fans in and around Lowell and there are great bands in Boston and all over the country who want to play here but don't have a downtown venue dedicated to live original music. I am hoping to make my bar a destination for live music 3 to 5 nights per week.

But I am not official yet. I have a location and an agreement to purchase it. But I need to acquire a liquor license first and that is no guarantee.

So when the time is right I will make a big announcement. I just don't want to jinx it or speak out of turn!

Details and questions answered soon!