Monday, June 7, 2010

Kevin Hoskins leaving Mid East; heads to Texas

Bittersweet Boston music news today, as Middle East talent buyer Kevin Hoskins is leaving the Cambridge nightclub and taking his booking skills down to Emo's in Austin, Texas. Sucks for us that we're losing such a solid all-around dude and music eye, but after spending a few days with Kevin at SXSW in March, I'm certain he's very excited about this new gig and no doubt he'll kick some serious Lone Star ass.

The Middle East is maybe the area's finest rock club, and no doubt Kevin had a huge hand in that. But these sudden Texas connections maybe open a few doors when it comes to SXSW showcases, haha.

His announcement:

Dear Friends,

I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that I will be moving to Texas at the end of June. It’s been a great seven plus years here at The Middle East and the past six years I’ve spent booking The Middle East have been amazing. I’m thankful for everyone I met during this time and appreciative of everyone I’ve worked with and will continue to work with in the future.
I’ve been offered the opportunity to be the in-house booker at Emo’s in Austin, Texas starting at the end of June. I’m excited at furthering my career in a new setting and a new city and at a venue as legendary as Emo’s. Will Evans, the current in-house buyer, is moving to North Carolina and in order to pursue a graduate degree at Duke University. I wish Will the best of luck in the future!

I’m excited to announce that Kieran Fallon will be the new Downstairs Booking Agent for The Middle East. Kieran has been the Box Office Manager at The Middle East for the past eight years and having worked with him during this time, I can think of no better person to take up the reins. Kieran is a great guy and I wish him and The Middle East nothing but the best. Kieran can be reached at Kieran@mideastclub.com

My new email address for Emo’s booking will be Kevin@emosaustin.com.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment